In universities and colleges around the world, Google has encouraged the creation of "Google Developer Student Clubs". To round out the year, Sam Witteveen and I decided to offer our three-part "Back-to-Basic" series to clubs in the South-East Asia region, to introduce them to TensorFlow and Deep Learning.
This session was the first in the three-part series, and focused on some basic ideas of Machine Learning, and introduced Deep Learning via MLPs.
Our presentation was in two parts:
My initial talk, that :
- Gave a brief overview of what is meant by "AI" as marketing term
- Outlined the differences between Programming vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
- with hand-waving
- Illustrated what an MLP can learn using TensorFlow Playground
Sam did a Code-Along using Google Colab, where he lead the audience through :
- Basic usage of Colab
- Tensor shapes
- Loading and preparing data
- Building and Training a simple MLP model in Keras
The slides for my talk are here :
If there are any questions about the presentation please ask below, or contact me using the details given on the slides themselves.