Martin Andrews @ Technology & Finance
This is just a quick personal resume. I don't update it very frequently, so please contact me if you want to find out more.
Founder and CEO of PLATFORMedia, a technology innovation business based in New York City. Dr Andrews has a background in finance, and a doctorate in Artificial Intelligence from Cambridge, UK.
Britton Hill Capital
Created a partnership between Britton Hill Capital and Further Lane to develop a Corporate and Structured Product trading and investment banking business.
- Brought together experienced sales, trading and investment banking professionals
- Actively engaged in developing Investment Banking business - primarily targeting new issuance of corporate debt by middle-market companies
- More developments in the wings...
Fieldstone Capital Group
Created a partnership between PLATFORMedia LLC and Fieldstone Capital Group to develop a secondary market CDO trading business.
- Created analytical tools to determine intrinsic value of CDO tranches
- Marketed Fieldstone's transaction capability to CDO debt buyers and sellers
- Performed numerous CDO valuations for Big-4 account firm audit group
Founded [PLATFORMedia LLC](https://www.PLATFORMedia.com/) to solve client problems through the creation of advanced technology.
- Identified need for technology to help deal with ‘information overload’ for businesses of every size
- Developed original and unique concept search technology, based on doctorate research
- Oversaw development of a cost-effective peer-to-peer computing platform.
- Created and launched HYmarket.com for high yield bond market professionals
- Identified need for service whilst working with the Schroder fixed income department
- Created technology to extract financial data from unstructured documents
- Successfully raised Angel financing to build company.
- Retained by Schroders as a consultant to restructure their global Equity Derivatives trading system.
Schroder & Co. and Schroder Structured Investments
Seconded to the US to join a new structured products subsidiary being created to expand the existing Schroder business into the US. Role within newly formed team of 5 professionals : sole financial engineer.
- Joint lead in the creation of the Schroder Global Credit Derivatives business
- Developed business plan, set up appropriate risk management procedures, and ensured that the business had the necessary internal management support, as well as client demand
- Executed profitable deals with major institutional investors (average deal size : $40 million).
- Created innovative financial products for clients that included two of the largest US insurance companies
- Completed several large, profitable transactions for Schroders, while meeting client needs.
J. Henry Schroder & Co. Limited
Hired into the global structured products team with responsibility for creating and modelling financial products to solve client problems using equity, currency, and fixed income derivatives.
- Created structured products for the diverse clients of 5 marketing professionals in Europe and the US
- Developed risk evaluation and management software for UNIX and Windows platforms in ‘C’
- The team advised and arranged in excess of $1bn of structured derivative transactions, and was Schroders’ most profitable business unit on a per-capita basis.
Cambridge Solutions Ltd
Founded the company while studying for doctorate at Cambridge University, UK.
- Built and resold PC computer hardware to students and University departments
- Handled all aspects of business including sales, marketing and field support - building a profitable business from my university accommodation, and producing satisfactory profits
- In addition, bought an insolvent company and subsequently resold the assets with a 200% mark-up.
- NASD Series 7, 24, 55, 63, 65(?), 79, 86/87, and 99 (all current), SFA General Representative (1994).
- London Business School Investment Management Programme - finance theory (1994 - 1995).
- FRM - Global Association of Risk Managers (1998)
School / University
- Ph.D., "Strategy Learning in Financial Markets", Cambridge University, UK (1990 - 1994)
Thesis on the use of Artificial Intelligence in the context of stock market trading - using innovative Neural Network, Genetic Algorithm and Genetic Programming techniques.
- BA, Mathematics, Cambridge University, UK (1987 - 1990).
- Selected to represent England at the International Physics Olympiad (1986 & 1987).
- Tai Chi
- Competitive Ballroom dancing
- Piano playing